Such a fantastic race! Tonight was the night the first Science Fiction movie won Best Director while 12 Years a Slave still got some great recognition by winning Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Supporting Actress (Lupita Nyong’o). The race (aside from some questionable choices in Documentary and Foreign Language Film but that always happens in those categories) was just a joy to watch with Gravity getting more recongition that I could have ever hoped for back when I watched Cuarón’s masterpiece for the first time.
Dallas Buyers Club scored big with three wins for Make Up, Jared Leto and Matthew McConaughey.
The big surprise winner is Spike Jonze for original screenplay (Her) and American Hustle turned out to be the big loser with 0/10.
Flipthetruck’s score: 18/21 (not counting shorts)
Existential Coffee’s score: 20/21 (not counting shorts)
Number of wins by movies:
- Gravity: 7 Wins (Best Visual Effects, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, Best Cinematography, Best Editing, Best Original Score, Best Director)
- Dallas Buyers Club: 3 Wins (Best Supporting Actor, Make Up, Best Actor)
- 12 Years a Slave: 3 Wins (Best Supporting Actress, Best Adapted Screenplay, 12 Years a Slave)
- Frozen: 2 Wins (Best Animated Feature, Best Original Song)
- The Great Gatsby: 2 Wins (Best Costume Design, Best Production Design)
- Blue Jasmine: 1 Win (Blue Jasmine)
- The Great Beauty: 1 Win (Best Foreign Language Film)
- 20 Feet from Stardom: 1 Win (Best Documentary)
- Mr. Hublot: 1 Win (Best Animated Short)
- Helium: 1 Win (Best Short Film Live Action)
- The Lady in Number 6: Music Saved my Life: 1 Win (Best Documentary Short)
For the full list hit the jump.